I agree. It looks like we first of all need some algorithm of key
generation for new objects, and it does not necessarily have to be
involved with DDL. The first suggestion that comes to my mind on that
matter is, obviously, marking some method of the class persisted with
magical annotation - so that the value will be able to supply its own
key when needed.

Alex