Denis,

About your question: 'putIfAbsent' is used only when we have single
key-value pair to process as long as we don't have method like 'put
all if absent'. When there's a bunch of pairs, an entry processor is
created for each pair to make its processing atomic (effectively CAS
style processing), and all those processors are then executed via
'invokeAll'.

- Alex