> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:00 AM, Alexei Scherbakov <
> alexey.scherbak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dmitriy,
> >
> > Honestly, I don't understand your issues with a reviewing, because I've
> > provided PR link in the JIRA ticket.
> >
> > Just open it in browser and enjoy :)
> >
> > Nevertheless, I've added short description for API changes in the JIRA
> > ticket.
> >

> Well, as you see, once you have added the changes to the ticket, you have
> immediately received more comments from the community. Let us all make it a
> habit to document all API changes directly in the ticket at all times.

OK, I got it. Probably this should be emphasised on contributions page.

> > Other comments are below.

> > > 4. Query must be executed locally only for defined partitions.
> Currently
> > > >

> > > This is again the wrong behavior. We should not "ignore" anything.
> Let's
> > > throw an exception with a correct error message.
> > >

> > It's already working.
> >

> What is the behavior that you have implemented?

Local query result set will containt data only from specified partitions.

> > > And again, this will be very confusing to users. Any chance we can
> throw
> > an
> > > exception with a proper error message here?
> > >

> > I hope to make it working too. But first I need a review of current PR
> > state to understand whether I'm moving in right direction or not.
> >

> What behavior are you proposing to implement?
>
> Alexey, I have noticed in your comments that you are adding this support
> only for the SQL queries. Why not make it consistent across all the
> queries?

Initially I had no such intentions, because I do not use other query types.
But if the community has the need of this, why not.
I'll start working on it next week.

--

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov