Agree, the cache is transactional, however, the second transaction does not
see the dirty value:

Ignite ignite0 = ignite(0);
IgniteTransactions transactions = ignite0.transactions();
final IgniteCache<String, String> cache =
    ignite0.getOrCreateCache("testCache");

final Object monitor = new Object();

GridTestUtils.runAsync(new Callable<Object>() {
    @Override
    public Object call() throws Exception {
        synchronized (monitor){
            doInTransaction(ignite(1), new Callable<Object>() {
                @Override
                public Object call() throws Exception {
                    cache.put("key1", "val1");
                    monitor.wait();
                    System.out.println("continue first transaction");
                    return null;
                }
            });
        }
        return null;
    }
});

Transaction tx =
    transactions.txStart(TransactionConcurrency.OPTIMISTIC,
        TransactionIsolation.READ_COMMITTED);
assertNull(cache.get("key1")); // <- This check passes
tx.commit();