Hi,

I suggest to include Andrey's change with WAL standalone thread, this will
speed up Ignite at least because CRC calcs goes to user threads instead of
one writer thread. This brings also resistence to thread interrupt and
other benefits.

Change, which I'm currently working on, is a direct IO
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6341  If benchmarks will show
that memory usage decreased, I suggest to include this change also.

Sincerely,
Dmitry Pavlov

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.