Denis,

"hadoop" and "fabric" words work on same engine.

We have special assembly desctiptors, for example:
dependencies-fabric.xml
dependencies-fabric-lgpl.xml
dependencies-hadoop.xml
release-base.xml
release-fabric.xml
release-fabric-base.xml
release-fabric-lgpl.xml
release-hadoop.xml

So, I'ts impossible for now to remove "fabric" without "hadoop" removal.
Only one case is to make some ditry hack, but that's not a good idea.