Look into both Docusaraus and Jekyll from the usage perspective. Here is my
summary:

*Documentation Sources *

Will be stored on GitHub. My preference is to store them in "ignite/docs"
folder as many other ASF projects do (Spark [1], Flink [2] and Storm [3]).
If we need to update the sources of an already released version, then we
can create ignite-{version}-docs branch, edit it directly and generate HTML
pages from it.

*Versioning*

Since the docs are stored in the main repo, a doc version will correspond
to an Ignite version. If changes incorporated in the master version of the
docs have to be merged to a previous version and redeployed on the site, we
will use standard 'git' facilities to propagate the changes whenever is
needed.

*Documentation Deployment and Automation*

Documentation engines usually go with a set of scripts that produce an HTML
version of the docs out of the sources. In our scenario, we will use the
scripts to convert the sources stored in GitHub to HTML pages stored in SVN
repo of Ignite site. The docs' HTML pages will be hosted on
ignite.apache.org.

By default, the one has to run the scripts on a local machine to produce
the HTML pages. However, nothing prevents us from tweaking the scripts and
using them in a way that would do this on a fly - "a page has changed in
sources"->"update site button is pressed"->"HTML is generated and
automatically deployed to the site".

Btw, *Prachi*, have you checked up Jekyll [4]? It's used by Spark, Flink,
Storm, and even Github Pages. It's simpler than Docusarus and still gives a
way to generate customized sites with navigation menus and table of
contents: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/

Does anyone else have any open questions we need to solve before starting a
migration process?

[1] https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/docs
[2] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/master/docs
[3] https://github.com/apache/storm/tree/master/docs