Yakov,

Thanks for reply. Indeed, initial design assumed node termination when
hanging critical thread has been detected. But sometimes it looks
inappropriate. Let, for example fsync in WAL writer thread takes too long,
and we terminate the node. Upon rebalancing, this may lead to long fsyncs
on other nodes due to increased per node load, hence we can terminate the
next node as well. Eventually we can collapse the entire cluster. Is it a
possible scenario?