Failure handlers were introduced in order to avoid cluster hanging and
they kill nodes instead.

If critical worker was terminated by GridDhtInvalidPartitionException
then your node is unable to work anymore.

Unexpected cluster shutdown with reasons in logs that failure handlers
provide is better than hanging. So answer is NO. We mustn't disable
failure handlers.