Nikolay,

My only concert is that we should have the metrics framework configuration
as the first-citizen of the framework itself. This way, we can configure
the metrics not only from file, but change the metrics parameters in
runtime from JMX or command-line, etc. Another concern is to have an
ability to disable/enable metrics per metrics group/prefix.

The logger-like configuration meets these suggestions given that the
configuration is generalized into the metrics framework.

What do you think?