Nikolay,

Thanks for the proposal, I like it.

The GridEncryptionManager will control the process of master key
rotation, so we should provide him master key id at startup. Seems we
should get it from some configuration for encryption.

I suggest just adding the String defaultMasterKeyId() method into the
EncryptionSpi interface. This method gets default master key id used
on first cluster start.

The specific implementation will be responsible for setting this value.

What do you think?

--
Best wishes,
Amelchev Nikita