Folks,

Ok, let's have a discussion using the ASF Slack on September 25-th, 17-00 (MSK)
I've created the channel [1] #ignite-release-2_8
Please, join.

I don't think we should postpone the discussion by November but should
plan and discuss for now the next release dates. In this way, the
community members will be able to plan their activities by these
dates. As Alexey mentioned, planing the release for 2 months is a good
practice. From my point, if some components will not be ready by
previously discussed `scope freeze` date it is absolutely OK to
perform the next (e.g. 2.8.1, 2.8.2) releases.

Currently, Apache Ignite has more than enough features to release. For
instance, the thin client transactions support feature has been merged
[2] to the master branch and this is great!

Again, let's plan and let's discuss the release dates and our expectations.

[1] https://app.slack.com/client/T4S1WH2J3/CNQ51M4FQ