Steve,

Yep, unfortunately query parallelism in current flavor is
counter-intuitive. But it was designed so =( As Roman wrote
> And of course this feature should also be available in the new engine, though
> it's architecture may be changed.
The architecture of parallel execution will be definitely
reconsidered. And currently we are targeted to do it so in one node
cluster query will return the same results regardless parallelism.

сб, 16 нояб. 2019 г. в 12:48, steve.hostett...@gmail.com
<steve.hostett...@gmail.com>:

> Actually I am now wondering whether this is not just a bug and that I should
> record it as such. As the behavior is different with and without the
> parallelism and there is no warning during execution or in the api.
>
> Any thought?

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin