Denis,

> Is it true that Calcite can parse MySQL, Oracle

Yes, it can.

> Do I need to select a dialect globally or can it be set on a per-query
> level?

Technically a parser, a validator, a planner, other components are created and
configured for each query call (because they are stateful). So you may
configure it per query, or hardcode a desired dialect, or get it from
configuration - it’s up to you, but we expect parser configuration to be (more
or less) static, it is a part of initial framework configuration. I think we
should not allow such parameters (as a dialect) changing.

Regards,
Igor