Igniters,

I would like to discuss with the community a possibility to create
additional 'slim' binary releases and docker images for Apache Ignite. The
reason is two-fold:
 * The full set of 3rd party libraries distributed with Apache Ignite looks
too large for me. I know there is an ongoing activity towards more clear
Ignite modularization [1][2][3], but this seems to be quite a long process.
On the other hand, creating a slim release may give an immediate benefit to
the users who are interested in a smaller image. For example, removing the
benchmarks alone from the binary release saves 80M.
 * As Ilya Kasnacheev demonstrated [4], the more 3rd party libraries we
have, the more potential vulnerabilities will show up in audit tools. This
may be a formal barrier for Apache Ignite adoption and moving to production
for many users. Having a slim image with the minimum number of dependencies
(yet complete enough to fit the majority of use-cases) significantly
reduces this risk.

I wonder what community thinks regarding this idea? Given the recent study
of Apache Ignite use-cases, I suggest the following list of modules to be
included to the slim release/image (a subject to discuss, of course):
 * ignite-core
 * ignite-indexing
 * ignite-rest-http
 * ignite-spring