Alex,

> We can either remove it (not sure if this is a breaking public API change?)
> or create a separate thread group per Ignite instance and pass it to the
> constructor of IgniteThread (quite a lot of refactoring).

Recently there were a discussion about "magic stuff" in codebase. And
it seems that we should eliminate such stuff if there is no chance to
understand why is it needed.

I run TC after dropping special ThreadGroup and did not get any new
failures [1]. It can imagine that dedicated ThreadGroup has some sense
for application servers. But personally I would prefer to get rid of
that ThreadGroup. A more conservative approach is to use some flag
(system property) to control it.

[1]
https://mtcga.gridgain.com/pr.html?serverId=apache&suiteId=IgniteTests24Java8_RunAll&branchForTc=pull/7297/head&action=Latest

--