Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Sergey Chugunov (sergey.chugu...@gmail.com) just
replied
to the main conversation about "communication via discovery" [1]. We work
on it
together and recently have found one hard-to-fix scenario, detailed
description is
provided in Sergey's reply.

In short, July 10th looks realistic only if we introduce new behavior in
its current
implementation, with new setting and IgniteExperimental status. Blocker
here is
current implementation of Continuos Query protocol that in some cases
(described
at the end) initiates TCP connection right from discovery thread which
obviously
leads to deadlock. We haven't estimated efforts needed to redesign of CQ
protocol
but it is definitely a risk and fixing it isn't feasible with a code freeze
at 10th of July.
So my verdict: we can include this new feature in 2.9 scope as experimental
and with
highlighted limitation on CQ usage. Is that OK?

CQ limitation: server needs to open a communication connection to the
client if during
CQ registration client tries to p2p deploy new class not available on
server classpath.
In other cases registration of CQ should be fine.

[1]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-New-Ignite-settings-for-IGNITE-12438-and-IGNITE-13013-td47586.html

--
Sincerely yours,