Val,

We use it in a mixture of server-server and server-client use cases.

The common use case is variations of cache invalidation, particularly with
respect to cached derivatives computed from information contained in the
Ignite persistent store. I am aware of the Ignite cache events to detect
changes to elements, but we decided against this as some (single) cache
invalidation contexts are only triggered after potentially thousands of
elements in persistent caches have been modified, so this cuts down high
frequency event chatter across the grid. It's also nice to separate the
Ignite persistent store domain from the business logic domain.

We did have a use case where messaging was used to shuttle partial results
between nodes in an a, synchronous pattern however this caused deadlocking
issues due to thread pool exhaustion so this has been switched to a compute
Invoke pattern.

Raymond.