Nikita, Cos,

Agree, IgniteDB would be a much better option if the project would be
launched these days with the current set of capabilities. But, as of now,
the renaming won't be a benign move, it can do more bad than good. "Apache
Ignite" is already a brand and even a trademark, the organic traffic is
high and the word-of-mouth is ramping up. So, it doesn't make sense from a
marketing standpoint. Also, regardless of the name you still need to define
your database - whether it's columnar, in-memory, memory-X,
extraterrestrial, or interstellar, or whatever. Anyway, I believe that
Ignite can easily pivot without the name change.

-
Denis