Hello, Alexey.

I think that «rewriting from scratch» approach has a high risk to make new
features unusable.
At the time Ignite2 was started no-one wants to do bad UX or bad features.
Nevertheless, it happen.

I think we can avoid it with the Ignite3 and successors if we will move step by
step without keeping backward compatibility
With the step by step approach, we can focus on each component separately.

> What new features are we planning to implement for Ignite 2.x?

We have many features that have to evolve.
Snapshots, rebalance, tooling, tracing, zookeeper support, etc.
We have bugs and issues that can be fixed in 2.x without breaking backward
compatibility.
We have many users who are happy with the 2.x with all it’s issues.