Hello!

In my opinion, what you are actually proposing is writing a new
IMDG/distributed database.

I'm not sure why one would assume that this new product will be
particularly successful with users. We have some very good developers out
there now, but some of the people who actually wrote Ignite 2.x are no
longer with us. Maybe it will be a new and good IMDG, maybe not. Time has
passed, the bar is now higher than it was before. People might as well
consider moving to a different IMDG not called Ignite, than moving to a
different, experimental IMDG named Ignite 3.0.

Maybe there are some bad parts that we have (such as
persistence format/separation, split-brain protocol, etc), but we have 95
out of 100 parts which are very good and battle tested, and I would prefer
them to be kept intact instead of cherry-picking them one by one into the
new grid.

We have very good distributed compute/peer class loading support, people
don't realize how good it is, but they will notice if it is gone/rewritten
from scratch to "just ok" state instead of "very good".

I think that we should just do a deep refactoring/API change in 3.0, and
leave the rest of stuff to 3.x or 4.0. I also happen to think that the code
we already have is very valuable, and it would be a pity to see it replaced
with cleaner, worse offering.

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev