Hello!

Please find attached the distribution of line lengths in the project, in
the form of (count, line length).

I think that we can enforce a hard limit of 140 chars per line. I think
that having longer lines is excessive and does not benefit readability.

 Having a limit of 150 or 180 does not give us much since there's still a
long tail which has to be fixed.

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev

чт, 15 апр. 2021 г. в 11:30, Nikolay Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org>:

> Hello, Igniters.
>
> Right now, we have a code style rule [1] - the line should fit in 120
> characters.
> But, this rule violated in many and many places through code.
> I have a plan to add a check style rule to force maximum line length.
>
> For me, personally, 120 characters a bit old-fashioned restriction.
> Should we increase the maximum line length to 150 or even 180 characters?
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Coding+Guidelines
 431236 0
  11229 1
  37934 2