Thank you for the reply, Courtney!

> We use Ignite entirely as a thick client and already have Guava version
conflicts from other projects

AFAIK and as Ivan wrote before, there are no plans of providing the thick
client functionality in Ignite 3, so this may not be an issue.

> Even Calcite itself already has Guava conflicts because of the Cassandra
adapter. I'd +1 this but really only if it will be shaded.

Will shading solve this issue? Do I understand correctly, that you propose
to use the Shade plugin and, apart from constructing a fat jar, also to
rewrite package names? If yes, will this work for transitive dependencies?

> Also, what impact will this have on peer class loading? Something I think
shading also resolves

I don't know anything about peer class loading in terms of Ignite 3, but
this may be a valid point. It would be nice if someone could comment on
this.

Overall, I'm ok with shading Guava if needed, it does not contradict any of
my original arguments.

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev