Hello, Valentin.

> Nikolay, Ilya, Denis, and others who opposed the initial suggestion

It seems I don’t write my point clear.
I’m +1 to have another jira project for Ignite3.

My point is - Ignite3 is not Ignite - it just another database engine.

> Ignite 2 and Ignite 3 are *technically* separate projects

You definition of «technically» is unclear for me.

> It targets the same use cases and provides a similar set of features as
> Ignite 2

I don’t believe it’s true.

I believe that we should improve Ignite evolutionary and not revolutionary.
First of all, change user API with the slow improvements step by step.

Kafka3, you mentioned, AFAIK doesn’t change user API at all, except removing
deprecated methods. [1]

[1]
https://www.confluent.io/blog/apache-kafka-3-0-major-improvements-and-new-features/