On 20.05.2015 09:40, Vladimir Ozerov wrote:
> This is not about resulting size of our lib. Moreover, we will not
> statically link it to Ignite because in this case users will have troubles
> when using both Boost and Ignite simultaneously.
> The problem is that if we use Boost, we will force users to have it on
> their machines during both build-time and runtime. And Boost is known to
> have dready dependencies between their modules. So if we use only
> concurrency module it might lead to transitive dependencies to lots other
> ones.

Using any part of Boost also increases compile times dramatically
because if its inter-module dependencies and its heavy usage of template
programming.

The first step is to design an API, before deciding on a helper library,
which you may not even need. Talking about Boost or TBB or whatnot
before you even know what kind of features you need to implement your
API is, to put it mildly, just crazy.

Real Programmers do not download 11 jars to use one external method ...

-- Brane