+1 for simplifying Kudu updates.

I am also still on Ubuntu 14.04, but I am all for simplifying Kudu
integration:
I agree with Thomas that Kudu snapshots should be grouped with the other
CDH components.
Given that Ubuntu 14.04 will be EOL'd next spring, upgrading the
development OS
is a reasonably small price to pay -- especially that it will soon become
necessary anyway.

Thanks for doing this Thomas!

  - Laszlo