Hey Folks,

Status of the 3.1.0 release:

I chose IMPALA-5950 (e3a7027) as branching point, and cherry picked commits
until IMPALA-5031 (067657a) (inclusive range) with the following exceptions:

   - IMPALA-7213 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-7213>: Port
   ReportExecStatus() RPCs to KRPC* (requested not to include, tagged as
   3.2.0)*
   - IMPALA-4063 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-4063>: Make
   fragment instance reports per-query (or per-host) instead of per-fragment
   instance *(t**agged as 3.2.0, also not a clean cherry-pick)*
   - IMPALA-7828 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-7828>:
test_mem_leak()
   is flaky *(t**agged as 3.2.0, also not a clean cherry-pick)*
   - IMPALA-7477 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-7477>: Improve
   QueryResultSet interface to allow appending a batch of rows at a time
   *(t**agged as 3.2.0, **but it could be cleanly cherry-picked**)*

Although "IMPALA-7148
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-7148>:
test_profile_fragment_instances
is flaky" is tagged as 3.2.0, I decided to include it since it was a clean
cherry-pick and it only fixes a flaky test.

*From now on please tag your Jiras' fix version as 3.2.0*, or send me an
email if you want to include your change in 3.1.0.
The release branch can be viewed here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=impala.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/branch-3.1.0

I'll move on with the process when the docs are ready.

BR,
     Zoltan