I unpacked the tarball, added all files to a fresh git repo and ran
buildall.sh. It terminated with the following error:

CMake Error at be/src/util/CMakeLists.txt:89 (add_library):
  Cannot find source file:

    /home/lv/asf/incubator-impala/be/src/thirdparty/squeasel/squeasel.c

Can we add the steps you used to build and run the tests to the README
file, so it's easier to validate?