Hi all,

first, thanks again to the PPMC to invite me as a Comitter.
As I have all necessary rights now I can hereby offer to do the release manager
for the release 0.8 which will be the first official ASF release of IoTDB.

As suggested in the other Thread, I think it would be good to start off with
the release soon just to learn the process together and do all necessary
checking and clearance.
For that I am very happy that we have Chris and Justin on the team who are very
experienced and sharp eyed.

Are there any issues that you think should go into 0.8 (feature) wise before
spinning up a release branch?
I will also open a “Release” in jira, so that we can assign and track the
tickets there.

Julian