Hi Madhawa,

I have left comments on the JIRA issue.

To finish a DBCP, you have to know how to use IoTDB first.
IoTDB's session and jdbc modules are the client APIs, while both them use
thrift (rpc.thrift in service-rpc).
IoTDB's client module is a case for using JDBC. More examples can be found
on examples module.

The user guide documents on iotdb.apache.org may help you know more about
how to use IoTDB.
In issue [1], I show more descriptions about IoTDB's schema.

A high-performance DBCP may require adding some feature to the IoTDB
server, rather than only the client-side.
If so, you have to know more about IoTDB's design, Especially about the
Physical plan generation and session (not the session module, I mean a
connection between the client and server) management.
The pr #910[2] may give some help.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/IOTDB/issues/IOTDB-519
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/910

Best,

Gunasekara, Pannipitiya Arachchige Don Madhawa Kasun Harischandra <
st170...@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> 于2020年3月18日周三 下午8:56写道:

> Hi All,
>
> I am Madhawa Gunasekara, a Computer Science master student at the
> University of Stuttgart, and I would like to work on this issue during the
> summer as a GSoC student. I have good skills in Java, Maven, JUnit, JMS,
> AMQP, RDBMS, OData and other technologies of the Java Stack. I'm also an
> Apache Committer and PMC Member of the Gora project. I'm very much new to
> IoTDB.
>
> I would like to work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-517
> issue during the summer as a GSoC student. I already commented on the JIRA
> ticket. I have worked with database connections pools previously. I would
> like to suggest to consider hikariCP as well as a good connection pool
> library [1]. so please could you help me with some documentation about
> IoTDB's Architecture? Or other resources in order to get started with this
> issue.
>
> [1] https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP
>

> Cheers,
> Madhawa

  • GSOC 202... Gunasekara, Pannipitiya Arachchige Don Madhawa Kasun Harischandra
    • Re:... Xiangdong Huang