Hi all,

Our website is becoming beautiful and is using static HTMLs.

Now, we have two repos, incubator-iotdb (iotdb for short) and
incubator-iotdb-website (website for short), while the first one stores all
the documents about the SystemDesign and UserGuide with markdown format,
and the latter one stores the VUE source codes (on the master branch).

When building the website repo, it should copy documents from the iotdb
repo and then compile them into HTMLs, and then copy the HTMLs to asf-site
branch.

As different versions have different UserGuide documents. The website repo
should copy documents from the master, rel/0.9, rel/0.8 branches from the
iotdb repo.

The above is manually finished. But after reading PLC4X's pom file and some
google searches, I think I can make the above process automatically.

So, my question is, should we merge the two repos into one? and only keep
the asf-site branch on the website repo?

If so, then on the master branch of the iotdb repo, we need to store all
documents of UserGuide (including v0.9 and v0.8) for easy compilation.  As
we may have more versions, the number of document files will increase on
the master branch because we have to keep all legacy versions.

The advantage is that the website repo is transparent for us (because there
is only the asf-site branch, which is generated automatically). All changes
can be done on the iotdb repo.

(Notice that I do not mean to delete the website repo because we need its
asf-site branch.)

How do you think?

Best,
Xiangdong Huang