Hi Houliang,

I am trying to consider the following scenario:

We have a device (e.g., a robot  arm), an edge gateway, and a cloud center.

Let's just consider the first two roles: the device and the edge gate.

The device collects data from its PLC, and may store the data locally for a
short time, and then sends to the edge gateway.
The edgeway collects data from the device and may store the data locally
for a short time and then sends to the cloud.

On both the device and the edgeway, they may have no ability to connect to
another service by TCP, and have to save data locally because of some
reasons.
Yes they can call rest API in their programs, but if they can not run Java
locally, then we can do nothing.
But TsFile is a data exchange way as it stores binary data. Writing with
C++, and sending the file to another role (who can run Java) and then we
can run IOTDB there.

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University