+1
I think that every contributor in our community is glad to help other ones to
discuss solutions and review codes. And I have some ideas to improve peer
collaboration.
1. If the issue/pull request creator is familiar with the codes, he can use the
`git blame` tool to find the previous code author. Maybe he can ask the author
for discussion or reviewing codes directly?
2. You can specify 1 or 2 committers to route unreplied mail/jira/PR to the
committer who is more expert in the particular field because they know who is
suitable. As we don't have so many new mail/jira/PRs everyday, the routing work
is not heavy.