Hi Community,

I really like the discussions here and although I do not find enough time (and
language skills in Chinese) to participate in the meetups I think we are on a
very good way.

While reading through the docs provided I just quickly had two thoughts that I
wanted to share here

  *   Regarding the CAP Theorem, where do we (want to) place ourselves? The
current cluster module is, from my understanding CP but many MPP Databases
rather go for AP (I think). I am not sure whats the best approach for
timeseries and perhaps theres even the chance to switch between both modes in
certain scenarios (people usually call it something like almost certainly
consistent or something.. but math is clear, you are either CP or AP nothing in
between)
  *   If we do have a lot of communication over sockets we should perhaps
re-evaluate our RPC mechanism. I know that it’s a razors edge between
“preliminary optimization” and doing “the right”. But I think it would be good
to reconsider or check a bit on how much time we loose on RPC because that’s a
latency we always have to pay and probably multiple times during a single call
depending on the situation

If that’s already well discussed and written in the documents than please
excuse me missing it.

Best!
Julian