Hi,

So, I've been fighting to simplify our use of Thrift, as there were several
problems with how we do it today on my M2 Mac (Mostly however to an updated
Homebrew, which uses different paths).

While going through the project, I noticed that everything in "protocol"
downloads a pre-built executable, which is simply downloaded and run this
doesn’t seem to run on Arm64 (new M1 and M2 Macs).

I would like to move the compile-tools directory into the root of the project
and detach it from the rest of the project (So it’s not called from the build
if we build the project).

This only needs to be run every now and then if something fundamental changes
(Like new OSes or new CPU Architectures).
I would like to update that module, so it will not only build an executable,
but also package the includes and the libraries for that OS and Architecture,
so we can use that in the client-cpp and the client-cpp-example.
I'd like to give it a try if we could also use this approach for the libs and
completely get rid of the thrift compilation as part of the build.

What do you think?

Chris