Dear all,
I am writing to share my experiences and concerns regarding my contributions to
IoTDB. I appreciate your time in reading this and hope that my feedback will be
taken constructively.

Here is my experience when submitting pr to apache IoTDB:
On 2023/09/13, I used iotdb at work and found a little problem with group by
year, so I submitted issues https://github.com/apache/iotdb/issues/11133
On 2023/09/18, After this I submitted a useless PR
https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/11171 without reading the source code or
testing it myself, it was really the first time I submitted a PR for an open
source component, but fortunately @HTHou viewed the PR and still replied to me,
so I decided to read the source code and fix the issues. I realized that iotdb
currently does not support the "1mo1d" scenario based on group by nature month.
So I decided to try to finish this part as well.

On 2023/10/11, After reading the source code, I found new bugs
https://github.com/apache/iotdb/issues/11286, I was motivated to fix them and
work on them over and over again, trying to do my best to make it better, and
then I submitted a new PR https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/11290, expecting
anyone to give better suggestions. However, I found that IoTDB doesn't seem to
welcome PRs from the outside, because I have been paying attention to this
matter in the past few days, and for internal PRs, It's always handled in a
timely manner, while for PRs from the outside, it seems to be another kind of
attitude. After I asked to the relevant people in the community WeChat group,
someone did review it on the same day, but after I replied to them one by one,
there was no more responses.
It's now October 31st, 2023, and another two weeks have passed. This
discrepancy in response time and engagement deeply concerns me. I fail to
understand why there is such a distinction between internal and external
contributions. I believe that this disparity could have a detrimental impact on
the promotion and adoption of IoTDB. People who face similar experiences might
have a hard time recommending IoTDB to his friends.

I kindly request that you address this issue and ensure that external
contributors receive fair and timely feedback. A more inclusive and responsive
approach will not only enhance the reputation of IoTDB but also encourage more
active participation from the open-source community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response
and hope for a positive resolution.

Best regards