Hi,

After some successful experiments I would like to enable the optional
data quality UDF Library and support Grafana in the COVESA Central
Data Service Playground (CDSP). Functions like the LTTB Triangle
sampling are very useful in automotive use-cases.

I have some questions related to UDF integration and IoTDB conf
changes in a Docker deployment. I am currently using IoTDB v1.2.2

UDF LIBRARY
I was hoping to keep things simple for a while and not have a
CDSP specific IoTDB Dockerfile, but I can create one to add the
Library JAR to the image. Registration is a little more tricky to
automate reliably as it is a one time process. I was thinking to
include the library JAR by default and ask users to run the
registration script themselves if they wish to use the library
functions. That separates any registration issues from the build
process, making debugging for non-experts easier.

However, if anyone has a simple method to do the registration in
the container that they have found reliable I would be happy to
hear about it?

Q1) I noticed if the library functions are registered but the JAR
is not available on IoTDB restart, the exception handling causes
IoTDB to not start. Is that expected behaviour?

CONF CHANGES (enabling REST for Grafana)
Q2) From reading the IoTDB documentation it appears REST
can not be enabled through runtime environment variables,
e.g. docker env, and instead must be done by modifying
the key in conf/iotdb-datanode.properties. Is that correct?

Q3) The IoTDB docker documentation suggests sharing a conf
directory, like as with log/data, into the container if you
wish to change conf files. I found that on startup IoTDB
does not create a default conf environment if it is given
an empty conf directory. As a result IoTDB does not start.
Is that expected behaviour?

As I will probably need to create an IoTDB dockerfile to
integrate the UDF Library JAR I may modify the conf file
there instead.

Best Wishes,

Steve