Hi Tobias,

I would prefer avoid a proper login, since it means we would have to create
a user to backup. On a second thoughts, all backup software are working like
this...

I'll do a proper login. I'll add some parameters in the command line
interface in order to be able to log in.

Nico

On 7/27/06, Tobias Bocanegra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> c: If you are OK on this, I will create a getExternalSession() class in
> RepositoryImpl. This session will be used for all external application
> (backup, access manager and so on). The external session will have the
same
> rights as a SystemSession. It would allow us to isolate two different
class
> of use  (external applications with priviledged rights and internal
use).
> Are you OK on this?

i'm not. giving away system sessions compromises integrity and
security. either have your app use the internals of the repository, or
do a proper login.

regards, toby
--
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97