Marcel Reutegger schrieb:
1) Why nt:base? What if "/" has a type with more properties?

If the element test is absent the type constraint defaults to the one that includes all node types: nt:base

OK, makes sense, but maybe this could be clarified somewhere in the spec.

If a query does not explicitly specify properties to select (in SQL this would be a 'select *') the properties of the node type specified by the type constraint are returned. in case of nt:base those properties are jcr:primaryType and jcr:mixinTypes.

Yep.

2) It doesn't seem to me that the query specifies a type constraint, so why the check at all?

this is because of the nt:base default described above.

OK.

3) I thought support for jcr:score was optional???

It is kind of optional. If an implementation is not able to provide a jcr:score it can always return a dummy value.

The spec says: "As well, a score column will also be included, though it is not required that its contents always be meaningful."

OK.

I'll re-read the spec, and if I still think it needs clarification I'll open an issue.

Thanks for the explanation.

Best regards, Julian