Will making an associated JIRA issue speed the inclusion of the change?
From my understanding it is fixing a real bug.  I can create an issue if
that will bring it into a release faster.

-Dave

On 3/9/07, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

On 3/9/07, David Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Even though there might be bugs that prevent this. Just like this one:
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=506908
> >
> > which prevented the re-use of SharedFiledSortComparator even if
nothing
> > changed between two query execution calls. You might want to check
> > if this patch improves the situation for you.
>
> That "patch" actually helped a fair amount - from 60 seconds to run 100
> queries down to around 40 seconds. Not too bad. Any reason why this
hasn't
> made it into the current releases?

The commit didn't have an associated Jira issue. I'm using the issue
tracker for release management so any changes that don't have a a
related Jira issue will only go out when the next release is cut from
the svn trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting