Hi,

On 4/25/07, Johan Stuyts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A value record would essentially be an array of bytes as defined in
> Value.getStream(). In other words the integer value 123 and the string
> value "123" would both be stored in the same value record. More

Storing all values as a binary field will prevent access to the content
using standard database tools. You won't be able to look at the values
in the database without starting Jackrabbit.

I don't consider that to be a design goal. The values would most
naturally be stored directly on disk without a database anywhere.

BR,

Jukka Zitting