hi

Clarifying: the difference between a collection and a non-collection with respect to WebDAV versioning is that the version-controlled state of a collection *additionally* includes the binding-set (for the members), but not the members itself.

jup... and that's currently missing.

Hm, probably I'm partly confused because I've "grown up" with RFC3253 semantics, and haven't used collection versioning in JCR so far (the system I currently work on only can version leaf files + properties).

It seems the counterpart of a version controlled collection in WebDAV would be a JCR node where all children have OnParentVersionAction=IGNORE, meaning they are always version-controlled independently of the parent. I'm not sure whether anything else can be exposed in a RCF3253 compliant way.

here we go. the simple-server currently leaves it to the configuration
to decide which nodes are collections and which are not. potentially
any of them can be made versionable in jcr (and currently in dav as well).

i don't see a smart solution up to know. a simple one would probably
be to ignore the versioning stuff for the collections at all only
allow non-collections to be version-controlled resources. disregarding
whether the underlying node is mix:versionable or not.

leading to the question: will it cause problems if the dav-client
can 'see' dav VersionHistoryResources and VersionResources that
don't have a corresponding versionable dav resource? or would that
be an negligible inconsistency?

angela