Hi,

On 9/11/07, Christophe Lombart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sounds good. Would you mind doing JCR-995 (moving the core part
> > outside contrib) as well while you're at it?
>
> I would like to finalise the annotation support before moving outside the
> contrib. Just to be sure to have something stable in term of code and in
> term of ocm project structure.

OK. I'd like to start pushing for the 1.4 release though, and it would
be good to have the OCM included in the preliminary release builds as
soon as possible even if there still remains some work to be done.

> > 2/ mapper (which will contains different subprojects / one per Mapper impl
> > > (digester, annotation, ...)
> >
> > Do we need to have the different mapper implementations in separate
> > subprojects? If they don't add too much overhead (complexity, extra
> > dependencies, etc.) then I'd keep them inside the core project just
> > like we keep a number of alternative persistence managers within
> > jackrabbit-core.
>
> Concerning the annotation support, we have to use java 1.5 but maybe some
> jackrabbit/ocm users are still in java 1.4.

Good point. I'd rather keep all main component with 1.4 for now unless
there's an obvious need for them to go with 1.5 (like being based on
annotations :-).

BR,

Jukka Zititng