Am Sonntag, den 13.01.2008, 16:21 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 13, 2008 4:02 PM, Roland Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You'll have to use separate JIRA projects.
>
> Agreed, that's the cleanest solution.
>
> > > Either way we'll end up with problems if we have an issue that
> > > affects more than one component at a time.
> >
> > You'll create separate issues and link them. Either as subtasks,
> > or "depends on" or "blocks". Plenty of options there.
>
> Yep. My main concern is that we'd add quite a bit of procedural
> overhead since quite a few of our current issues affect more than one
> component. I guess that with a sensible grouping of components (see
> below) we could keep that overhead manageable.
>
> > However, I strongly suggest that you don't put 22 artifacts on
> > separate release cycles.
>
> +1
>
> > I recommend to shoot for a manageable 5 or 6 independent
> > release cycles.
>
> How about the following seven subproject groupings:
>
> JCRAPI
>   jackrabbit-api
>
> JCRSPI
>   jackrabbit-spi
>
> JCR (the current Jira project)
>   jackrabbit-core
>   jackrabbit-jcr-commons
>   jackrabbit-spi-commons
>   jackrabbit-jcr2spi
>   jackrabbit-spi2jcr
>   jackrabbit-classloader
>   jackrabbit-text-extractors
>   jackrabbit-jcr-tests
>
> (Note that core and the SPI implementation components are already
> somewhat related, and should become more and more integrated as we go
> forward, so splitting them to separate subprojects doesn't sound good
> to me at this point.)

Wow ! I think this should still be split:

  * jackrabbit-jcr-commons: Is very much API like, so we could move it
       to the API cluster, right ?
  * jackrabbit-core: Is big in itself. This would warrant its own
cluster
  * jackrabbit-spi-commons, -jcr2spi, -spi2jcr: These are the SPI
cluster
  * jackrabbit-classloader: There isn't much work going on here, apart
from
       bugfixing. So there will be no reasons for new releases !
  * jackrabbit-text-extractors: Is this a movable target ? Otherwise, I
       don't see much release work here ...
  * jackrabbit-jcr-tests: Some fixes now and then ... I would make this
       separate cluster

> JCRRMI
>   jackrabbit-jcr-rmi
>
> JCROCM
>   jackrabbit-ocm
>   jackrabbit-ocm-nodemanagement
>
> JCRWEB
>   jackrabbit-jcr-server
>   jackrabbit-jcr-servlet
>   jackrabbit-webapp
>   jackrabbit-webdav

I would separate these, too: -jcr-server and -webdav in one cluster,
-jcr-servlet and -webapp in another one.

> JCRJCA
>   jackrabbit-jca

Regards
Felix