Hi,

On Jan 14, 2008 10:19 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, the best solution to minimizing cross-component boundaries is to
> clearly define interfaces and to abide by those :-)

Agreed, but first we need to get there. I want the codebase structure
to set the organizational boundaries, not the other way around.

> That's exactly the point I am trying to pin down: "synchronized
> releases". This does not work out any more, so we should not try to do
> it.

ACK. The intermediate proposal was meant mainly as a temporary
solution for Jackrabbit 1.4.x (and perhaps 1.3.x) if we can't come up
with a more complete subproject structure before we need to start
putting out patch releases. The idea would also still work within the
proposed subproject groups, in cases where we need to make patch
releases of individual components.

BR,

Jukka Zitting