Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
after updating to jackrabbit 1.4 I noticed that the Locked class has moved from the jcr-commons to the spi-commons package.

Now, this may be a dumb question, but why this move?

that was probably by mistake. looking at the sources however showed that the class is still present in jackrabbit-jcr-commons, marked deprecated. I'm not sure what the reasons were to deprecated it. I'd rather keep it in jcr-commons, since it only has a dependency to the JCR API.

we should probably clarify what classes belong to jcr-commons and spi-commons. here's what I think:

- jcr-commons: contains classes that are useful for a JCR API client and have minimal dependencies. - spi-commons: contains classes that are useful for a JCR or SPI implementation. may have a dependency to jcr-commons, though I'd prefer to not have the dependency but there are classes that are in use by both API clients and implementations, e.g. en-/decoding classes.

regards
 marcel