> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> That's pretty bleeding edge, I learned about it from Michael
> Busch during the last ApacheCon. See the reference on the
> last page of his presentation [1]. AFAIK it's not there yet
> but neither is NGP, so I'm hoping that by the time NGP does
> proper indexing that feature will be available.

I am trying to understand what benefit you are aiming at: AFAIU (from
the presentation and some email threads) the payload is used to store
some extra info along with a term (currently). The per-document payload
is a future feature?

Am I correct in that you are aiming at storing and searching the path
efficiently by using Payload?

> > reusing an already indexed and analyzed document might  be a handy
> > lucene feature anyway.
>
> Agreed. Perhaps something to follow up with the Lucene guys.

I'll ask on the lucene user-list and see wether I get some input.

-Ard