Christophe Lombart wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008 3:06 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now, it's not a big deal to add the string property to my bean, but
still it doesn't feel nice :)
So the addition of insert(String path, Object object) and not requiring
a path field when reading beans from jcr would be sufficient for my use
case :)

IMHO, supporting both solutions will add more confusion to the users.

I would like to suggest to keep the current OCM API and the mandatory path
attribute
or
remove the mandatory path attribute and refactor OCM API in order to add the
path as argument of some methods.

If I looked correctly there are only three methods which are problematic : insert, update, remove(Object).

Now, insert can simply be changed by adding the path argument.
So, this leaves us with update and remove, both using an Object - now this object should be an object that has been retrieved previously from the OCM, so perhaps we could use this fact for the implementation?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]