Hi,

IIRC this would be inline with another discussion in the [jr3] arena, to
have a common low-level persistence upon which all the other parts of
Jackrabbit requiring some form of persistence (except logging and
configuration, probably) build.

In this context, I would think it to be a good idea to consolidate this
data in the common persistence.

On 12.03.2010 10:22, Thomas Müller wrote:
> Currently the journal (cluster journal and event journal) is stored
> using a separate storage mechanism.
>
> I think it should be stored using the 'normal' storage mechanism.

What do you mean by "'normal' storage mechanism" ?

Is it nodes and properties, in which case I fear further performance
issues in this area.

Is it the common persistence layer, then definitely +1

Regards
Felix