Hello Thomas,

Without replying in line below, I am wondering whether you did see
Jukka's mail from some time ago  [1] (actually send twice):

'[jr3] Rethinking our Jackrabbit 3.0 roadmap'

I am not in a position to judge it well enough (I will chime in when
discussion touches my knowledge areas), but before going into the
questions you ask yourself below, I think first, the way jr3 will be
developed should be addressed. So, I think, this discussion should
first be about the proposal Jukka made in his mail.

Regards Ard

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/201011.mbox/%3c9c0fc4c8e9c29945b01766fc7f9d389816bfcb0...@eurmbx01.eur.adobe.com%3e

--
Hippo
Hippo USA Inc  • 755 Baywood Drive  • Second Floor  • Petaluma, CA  •